THE FIRST AND ONLY FDA-CLEARED HOME HEARING TEST
The iHearTest Kit includes everything you need to accurately and quickly profile your hearing ability from the comfort of your home for only $69. All you need is a personal computer with an Internet connection.
Features and Benefits
USB-Powered from your computer. No batteries required.
Ambient Noise Sensing
- Room noise is actively monitored to ensure test accuracy
- Test is paused when noise level interferes
- Earphones are calibrated for accurate testing
- Automatic calibration checks ensure continuous accuracy
Up to Five Users per iHearTest kit!
Two hearing test credits are included for up to two users
- Additional test credits for up to five users may be purchased
Hearing Ability Grading
The iHearTest scores your hearing ability in each ear on a scale from 1 to 5 based on World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines.
|iHEAR||World Health Organization (WHO) Grades of Hearing Impairment*|
Grade of impairment
|5||0 - No Impairment||25 dB or better (better ear)||No or very slight hearing problems. Able to hear whispers.|
|4||1 - Slight impairment||26-40 dB (better ear)||Able to hear and repeat words spoken in normal voice at 1 meter.||Counseling. Hearing aids may be needed.|
|3||2 - Moderate impairment||41-60 dB (better ear)||Able to hear and repeat words spoken in raised voice at 1 meter.||Hearing aids usually recommended.|
|2||3 - Severe impairment||61-80 dB (better ear)||Able to hear some words when shouted into better ear.||Hearing aids needed. If no hearing aids available, lip-reading and signing should by taught.|
|1||4 - Profound impairment including deafness||81 dB (better ear)||Unable to hear and understand even a shouted voice.||Hearing aids may help understanding words. Refer to medical professional.|
Included in iHearTest
- (1) iHearUSB Programmer
- (1) Calibrated Earphone
- 2x Assorted Ear Tips Set (S, M, L)
- Quick Install Guide
- User Guide
Computer & Software Requirements:
The iHEAR Software Applications support Windows and MAC operating systems.
For the most up-to-date computer and software compatibility information, click here.
We currently do not support tablets or smart phones.
What are the Contraindications?
Contraindications are certain conditions that make it inadvisable to use the iHearTest. If you know, or suspect, you have any of the following conditions, please consult your doctor or your hearing health professional.
- Visible congenital or traumatic deformity of the ear
- Current ear infection
- History of active drainage from the ear within the past 90 days
- Sudden or rapid progression of hearing loss within the past 90 days in one or both ears
- Acute or chronic dizziness
- Visible evidence of significant cerumen (ear wax) accumulation or a foreign object in the ear canal
- Pain or discomfort in the ear
- Poor dexterity, poor vision or significant dementia
- Fluctuating hearing sensitivity
- Sudden onset or rapid worsening of tinnitus (ringing) within the past 90 days
- History of conductive or mixed hearing loss or ear surgery
The iHearTest is a hearing test kit for home use by adults of at least 18 years of age.
The iHearTest is not a diagnostic test to clinically diagnose your hearing health, nor to treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For a medical evaluation of your ears or your hearing health, you should consult with a hearing health professional.
iHear Medical, Inc. Limited One Year Warranty
The warranty is extended to the original purchaser of the iHearTest and covers defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of shipment of the device.
If the iHearTest contains a defect in material or workmanship, iHear Medical, Inc., at its option will repair or replace the device at no charge except for transportation to and from the point of service. It is the purchaser's responsibility to return the iHearTest directly to iHear Medical, Inc. after receiving authorization to return. Click here for our address and contact information.
This warranty does not cover breakage or failure due to tampering, misuse, carelessness, improper maintenance, excessive wax build-up, accidents, liquid exposure or modification. The warranty is void if the device has been opened or repaired by anyone other than iHear Medical, Inc.